BENEFITING: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
EVENT: 2017 Fargo Marathon
EVENT DATE: May 15, 2017
The Fargo Marathon is May 20th, 2017 and I’m hitting the pavement again for Suicide Awareness. I am running to ease the stigma surrounding suicide, to encourage those suffering from mental illness to seek treatment and to show support for the families and friends that have been affected by suicide.
On December 1st 2014, I lost my brother to suicide. My brother was 24. He was young, fun, handsome, always willing to give a hand. He was a hard worker, genuine, outgoing, always cracking jokes, and he loved his friends and family. Behind all this was a dark wall and he was suffering inside. He passed away the weekend after Thanksgiving. On that day many lives changed and I am now determined to bring awareness to suicide prevention!
Please join me in Supporting the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention in reaching my goal of $5000.
• Suicide is the fourth leading cause of death for adults between the ages of 15 and 64 years in the United States.
• Currently, suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States.
• A person dies by suicide about every 12.8 minutes in the United States.
• Every day, approximately 112 Americans take their own life.
• 30,000 Americans die by suicide each year
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is dedicated to saving lives and bringing hope to those affected by suicide. The AFSP creates a culture that’s smart about mental health through education and community programs, develops suicide prevention through research and advocacy, and provides support for those affected by suicide.
All donations are 100% tax deductible and will be donated to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Thank you for your support!