Americans for Filipinos Scholarship Foundation
Organized by: Joel Monsalud
- Together with a handful of friends would like to establish a scholarship foundation to provide need-based scholarships to Filipino children who have demonstrated academic potential but have financial needs.
- I am Joel Monsalud and I am a retired US Navy veteran. I was born and raised in Subic Bay, Philippines. As a school child from a single parent, I often had difficulty attending school due to poverty. It wasn't until I received scholarship grant from the crew of the USS Elliot (DD967) and the US Navy Wives, an association of navy dependents stationed in Subic Bay, Philippines, that I finally was able to obtain meaningful education. Without that education, I would not be able to serve and most likely, would not have reached my potential. The scholarship foundation closed its doors when the US Navy pulled out from the Philippines in 1992.
- It is my desire to raise fund to once again offer scholarships to indigent Filipino children. The $2000 goal will be used to establish the foundation, to select and pledge financial support to the first scholar/s.
- 3 WAYS TO HELP: (1) Support this cause. There is nothing fulfilling than seeing someone change the course of his/her life through your help. (2) Do tell others about this cause. The passion of your heart must be shared. (3) Pray for this cause. Man's effort is futile without divine intervention; pray that this cause becomes a channel of blessings to those who are in dire need; pray that we find the best candidate/s to send to school.
- In order to keep the integrity, I am responsible to send you (donors) a transparent financial report, to explain the process of scholarship selection and to allow you to communicate with the recipients.