America's Grow-a-Row is an organization that grows and gleans fresh, healthy produce that is then donated to food pantries, soup kitchens, crisis centers, and food banks all over the state of New Jersey. We operate our own farm where volunteers (1,700+ in 2011) assist in the planting of seeds and seedlings and in harvesting the crops. In addition, we glean excess produce from the farm where our program is located, Peaceful Valley Orchards in Pittstown, NJ, as well as other local farms and even local grocery stores. Since 2002, we have donated 1.4 million pounds of produce (4 million servings!) to those in need!
America's Grow-a-Row's mission is to positively impact as many lives as possible through a volunteer effort of planting, picking, rescuing, and delivering free fresh produce. At America's Grow-a-Row we:
- Provide fresh, healthy produce to those in need
- Educate people of all generations about hunger and ways to help
- Introduce our youth to farming and healthy eating
- Cultivate tomorrow's leaders to give back
- Contribute to the sustainability of agriculture