Amor en Acción is a lay missionary organization, originating in the Archdiocese of Miami in 1976. Our listing in the 2014 Kenedy Directory is on page #790.
Areas of Work:
- Collaboration in evangelization, nutrition, education, development, medical aid and other programs, in Haiti and Dominican Republic.
- Short- term mission preparation and ongoing mission formation
- Promotion of mission through educational presentations and reflections for children and adults.
Population Served: Haiti: Diocese of Port-de-Paix/ and Diocese of Gonaives average of 400,000 people.
- Projects serve: Evangelization-support for 25 catechists and materials. Nutrition/Education - 4,500 children in 28 schools and 113 teachers. Medical and nutrition - projects serve an estimated 2,000 adults directly or indirectly. Development partnerships – with coffee cooperative, artisan women’s groups, and parish solar bakery project. Disaster relief and recovery projects: Emergency food Aid, shelter repair and expansion to accommodate displaced persons, school repair/reconstruction, tuition assistance, agriculture job development, solar energy development, water purification, and cholera prevention and treatment projects.
Dominican Republic: Diocese of La Vega and Diocese of San Pedro de Macoris
- Projects serve: 1,100 children, and 70 families.
- Short Term Mission groups serve: over 2,000 children and 800 adults every year in evangelization and youth activities in 3 cities. About ¼ of the adults and children are not baptized Catholics.