Anacortes Cancer Walk
EVENT DATE: Aug 20, 2016
I'm so thrilled to announce that the 1st annual Anacortes Cancer Walk will be on August 20, 2016.
- A one day -- 20 mile(ish) walk starting and ending at Seafarers Memorial Building in Anacortes, Washington. The course will be designed for all levels of fitness, and you can walk a portion of it or the whole thing.
- What makes this walk different from others is that it will stay 100% local. 100% of the proceeds will go to the Merle Cancer Care Center at Island Hospital in Anacortes..
- This walk will be representing ALL Cancers....thus the lavender symbol. I encourage everyone to form teams with team names or walk as individuals.....make t-shirts, wear costumes, whatever you'd like to do to celebrate those who have bravely fought cancer.
- The idea for a one day walk was an idea that started while my father was being treated for colon cancer at Anacortes Hospital & the Merle Cancer Care Center in Anacortes. I would visit him there often, and knew that I had to help in some way. My father passed away early January of 2012. I will be honored to walk this in his memory.
- My vision for this walk is a full day of laughter, smiles and memories for those we have lost. Also a day of hope, where we can continue the diaglogue that is so important to raising awareness.
- The day will begin at the beautiful Seafarers Memorial Building at 7:00a.m. where there will be a short opening service. Lunch will be provided along the route as well as a few snacks and water. The route will end back at Seafarers Memorial Building where we will have a dinner, raffle/auction items, and live music.
- Thank you so much for your love and support in helping me make this day a success! We are making a difference friends! Love, Karla
*after you register online, please visit our facebook page and hit "join" the event. This will show on your friends newsfeeds and just may interest them to join too!* https://www.facebook.com/events/457266204452842/
- In lieu of charging a fee for our event, we are asking that each adult-participant make a minimum of $25 tax-deductible donation to the cause. As this is a fundraising event with the purpose of benefitting the Merle Cancer Care Center at Island Hospital in Anacortes., our hope is that you will be able to fundraise a suggested amount of $100 a person.
For any questions please contact Karla DeCamp at: firstname.lastname@example.org