BENEFITING: Leukemia Research Foundation, Inc.
EVENT DATE: Jul 16, 2012
As you may recall, my family and I got involved with the Leukemia Research Foundation (LRF) about 17 years ago after I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia back in June 1994. It’s hard to believe that 18 years have passed since my diagnosis and I literally wouldn’t be here today without your support and the LRF.
Because of the Research Funded by the LRF....
- I am an 18 year leukemia survivor and after completing my treatment had the opportunity to meet my amazing wife Cher who I have now been married to for 12 years. Fortunately, Cher took a chance on me despite my medical history and not knowing if we would be able to have children.
- My wife and I have been blessed by having 3 wonderful daughters Macie, McKenna and Norah who wouldn’t be here had I not survived my battle with leukemia.
Had I not survived, these 3 beautiful girls wouldn’t be here and be loving children, granddaughters, sisters, cousins and nieces they are. They also wouldn’t be friends and best friends, classmates, students or teammates with all that know them today. The list of attributes could go on and on, but the bottom line is they are here and a blessing to so many because of you.
- Macie (9 years old) – loves to read and go to school, ride her bike, hates math, plays soccer, participates in girl scouts and loves Kung Fu
- McKenna (6 years old) – loves school, soccer, clothes and shoes, she loves to read and ride her bike and hates riding the bus to school
- Norah (4 years old) – loves to play and go to preschool, ride her bike and do anything that involves water (take baths, play with her water table or use her Barbie pool) and you’ll know when she isn’t happy
Again, I could go on and on about all my girls and my good fortune. Not a day goes by that I don’t appreciate being a survivor and recognize that I have truly been blessed. One of the main reasons I got involved with the LRF 17 years ago was to find a cure so that others could be as fortunate as I have been. I had no idea of how fortunate I would truly become and continue to be.
Please support my fundraising efforts in conjunction with the 13th Annual Megan Cooper Memorial Golf Outing and help ensure others are as fortunate as I have been.
Click here to learn more about Andys' Chapter of Hope, the Leukemia Research Foundation and this important event.