Join the Walk to Remember to celebrate the life of someone YOU have loved and lost or to show support for a family you know who is dealing with a life-threatening illness.
Money raised through your Walk to Remember fundraising efforts support Circle of Care services ensuring that no child will have to walk their grief journey ALONE.
EVENT DAY INFO:
Lake Merritt - Oakland, CA (Lakeside Park Beach near the Bandstand)
Saturday, May 9th, 2015 ~ 10:00am - 2:00pm
10:00 a.m. - Registration Opens, Crafting and Sign Making Begins
10:30 a.m. - Welcome Ceremony
11:00 a.m. - Walk Begins
11:30 - 2:00 p.m. – Veggie Burrito Lunch is served to registered Walkers (Thank you Picante!)
Parking is $5.00 all day. There is street parking on side streets without meters.
Questions before walk? Call Elisa 531-7551 x3195
Questions Day of walk? Call Elisa 510-407-5701
We look forward to walking with you all!
How to Participate:
1. Click Register or Donate (at the top right of this page).
2. If you are donating, you can donate to a specific particpant or team. You can donate online or mail a check to Walk to Remember, c/o EBAC, 303 Van Buren Ave, Oakland, CA 94610. Thank you very much!
3. If you are registering, you can register as an individual walker or create a team and ask your friends and family to join you.
4. Walkers then simply set up your personal fundraising page, including photos and a few words about why you are "Walking to Remember". You will also create a custom URL (link) to your fundraising page. Be the first to make a donation to Circle of Care from your fundraising page.
5. (This is the most important step!) Copy and paste the link to your personal fundraising page into an email and send that email to everyone you know inviting others to make a donation to Circle of Care in support of your participation in the Walk to Remember. Share your link on your Facebook page, too!
Don't be shy about this last step. You'll be surprised how many people you know who will be happy you gave them the opportunity to contribute in honor of someone they have also loved and lost. So send your donation invitation wide and far to give others the chance to feel good, too.
For more information about Circle of Care, visit http://www.ebac.org/programs/circle/index.asp