A New Camera for Amy
Organized by: Patrick Maguire
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a secret. Amy has no idea. Please keep it a secret.
Amy loves to take photos. She's incredibly talented and has captured some truly stunning photographs. (Click through the photos on the left to see some of her personal favorites.) However on a recent trip to Greece, her bag -- which included her camera and other valuables -- was stolen. A theft of that caliber is a huge personal violation, and to throw salt on the wound, Amy is now unable to pursue one of her passions this summer.
Luckily for her (or perhaps luckily for us), Amy's incredible energy, positivity, humor, and contagious sense of adventure has garnered her the admiration of many, many wonderful friends. Amy's 23rd birthday is approaching this summer and we think, as Amy's collective network of friends & loved ones, that if we all chip in we will be able to buy her a new camera.
Because we've raised so much money so quickly (!!), we're currently lookig into nicer camera models to purchase within the $800 - 900 range. So awesome! Keep it up!
The suggested contribution is $20 (or more!) but please contribute whatever is feasible for you.
HOW IT WORKS:
- When you make your contribution, include a message for Amy in the "message" box. This message from you will be included as part of her gift.
- Since this is a collective gift, a video of Amy receiving it will be made available to everyone who contributes. This way, it will be as if you were really there!
- We will keep in touch with you throughout this entire process, so that you're informed every step of the way.
- Anything we raise will go toward a camera. If there is any surplus when we go to make the purchase, it will all be put toward additional camera-related accessories such as additional lenses, a bag, or one of those fancy insurance options.
If you have any questions, don't hestitate to reach out.
Finally, Amy has no idea that we are doing this. You may share this with whomever you like, but please make sure it doesn't find its way to Amy!
OK! Let's do a cool thing!
- Patrick & Sam (the boyfriend & the friend)
The Planning Committee