BENEFITING: Humane Animal Rescue
ORGANIZER: Humane Animal Rescue
EVENT: Pittsburgh Marathon 2016
EVENT DATE: May 01, 2016
**UPDATE** PLEASE READ BEFORE DONATING
As many of you know (because I won't stop whining about it), my foot has quietly imploded. As a result, I am in a stupid boot and will NOT be able to run the half marathon this year. Because hope springs eternal, I have not yet ruled out walking the 5K on Saturday, but it will depend on how well recovery goes.
If you have donated, or if you would still like to donate:
Rest assured that the ARL will still receive all funds raised, regardless of my race status. Also, Leif is still running! So while I can't officially transfer my charity bib to him, I have metaphorically passed the torch, and someone will still be doing work the first weekend in May.
That said, I didn't want anyone to donate under false pretense as I will no longer be able to uphold my end of the bargain. *Mega sad trombone*
Hello awesome people!
The time is once again upon us! Time to Run4Critters, that is!
This will be my third year running some permutation of the Pittsburgh Marathon as part of Paws Over Pittsburgh, raising funds for the Animal Rescue League. They do amazing work for the region's critters--domestic and wild--and it is an honor to train and run on their behalf.
This is a big, exciting year for the ARL, as they recently broke ground on their new four-acre city shelter faclity. And new shelters deserve new experiences, which is why I've decided to participate in my first Steel Challenge. That means I'm running the 5K on Saturday, April 31, followed by the Half Marathon the next morning, Sunday, May 1.
This is also the year that I bribe you.
Yes! In return for your support, I will Give You Stuff! Silly Stuff, fun Stuff, some very cool Stuff. Stuff! For you! It's like shopping, but it's for charity, and the selection is very small!
- $10 Green macrame friendship bracelet with kitten feet, made by me with love and possibly some cursing. All the coolest kids will be wearing them.
- $25 Green macrame friendship bracelet with puppy feet (hint: they are larger than kitten feet), PLUS a personalized haiku. People wait their entire lives for this. Just email me with any subject preferences.
- $50 Watercolor of your house. That's right: art! You email me a picture of your house, I will do a watercolor sketch.
- $100 Tiny herd of unicorns!!! On super exclusive, exceptionally special, highly prized and possibly magical unicorn macrame bracelet.
- $250 Cookies for you, philanthropist! Two dozen "Whole Jar of Peanut Butter" cookies, to be specific. Chocolate chips optional. Email your chip preference and await deliciousness. Squishy sense of self-satisfaction and beatific generosity available immediately.
Sample Stuff pics in slideshow to the left.
All donations include my undying love and gratitude. So let's do this, folks! Let's help the ARL continue their incredibly important work! Let's trade donations for Stuff and feel all warm inside and have haikus written and wear friendship bracelets and know that we have done A Very Good Thing!
With enormous amounts of appreciation,
Do you have questions? That happens. Email me! And don't forget to email me your address so your Stuff can find it's way to you.