BENEFITING: Humane Animal Rescue
ORGANIZER: Humane Animal Rescue
EVENT: Pittsburgh Marathon 2016
EVENT DATE: May 01, 2016
The first time I walked into the Animal Rescue League, I knew it was a special place. Six days after Lucky passed away, I was there to bring home the first of many fosters. That was Lucille, the chubby Jack Russell mix.
Fast forward to today, five and a half years and many fosters later, I am proud to volunteer for such a great organization.
Here are some of the ways they will use the funds you donate:
- $30 will cover the cost of micro-chipping a cat or dog.
- $50 will provide low-cost spay/neuter services to a family who couldn’t otherwise afford it.
- $100 will provide behavioral training for an animal to help her find a new home more quickly.
- $1,000 will cover the total care for an animal that stays in our shelter for one month.
In 2014, the Animal Rescue League Shelter & Wildlife Center:
- placed over 6000 companion animals into homes
- rehabilitated more than 2800 wild animals in an effort to send them back into their native habitat
- reunited over 800 animals with their families through Lost and Found services
- altered over 7000 animals at their low-cost, open-to-the-public veterinary clinic
- and is the ONLY open door shelter in the region that takes in and cares for both wild and companion animals