Anixter Center wrote -
ALL kids deserve a chance to reach their greatest potential--but without play-the likelihood of this accomplishment is dismal at best.
For most kids that are typically developing, play is easy and spontaneous. However, kids with disabilities face immediate barriers to play and their ability to use play to learn new skills and concepts. This often forces the exclusion of kids with special needs from games and activities being enjoyed by their families, peers, and friends.
That’s where Lekotek comes in! Our innovative programs utilize Play and Toys to break down these barriers, increasing kids’ inclusion within their families and communities and empowering them to soar to their highest potential!
Family is at the heart of all of our programs. Individualized family-based play sessions, play groups, and community programs help kids with disabilities build skills vital to their learning and social development, while at the same time enabling families to spend quality time together bonding and having fun.
Your generous donations and fundraising efforts will help to unlock the power of play, giving kids with special needs the chance to do and become whatever they want--whether it's riding a bike, playing with the same toys as their siblings, becoming an astronaut, climbing a mountain, or becoming the president of the United States!
Every dollar makes a difference! Here are some ways you can give ALL kids a chance to reach their goals and make their dreams come true:
- $1,500 will provide a scholarship to a low-income family, enabling them to receive an entire year of Lekotek’s services;
- $1,000 will allow us to conduct 5 play sessions at the home of a family with a child who is a medically fragile;
- $500 will enable to purchase large adaptive play equipment, such as an adapted bicycle for our Toy Lending Library for families;
- $250 will allow us to hold a Parent Support Group, connecting families who have kids with special needs;
- $100 will pay for the supplies needed for an inclusive play program in the community, for kids with and without disabilities;
- $25 will enable us to modify an off-the-shelf toy so that kids with special needs can play with it too!
- $10 can be used to buy batteries needed to operate the toys families check-out of our Toy Lending Library.
The more you give and fundraise on behalf of Lekotek’s families, the greater our chances of winning an Art Van Charity Challenge grant of up to $100,000!!
So, please start giving ALL kids a chance, TODAY!