HELP CHILDREN ACCESS SURGERIES TO HELP THEM EAT AGAIN - URGENT MEDICAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED IN PAKISTAN
The American Pakistan Foundation (APF) needs your help to provide the Children’s Hospital, Lahore with critical medical equipment for over 300 children with closed jaws. These young patients are currently unable to eat solid food and are surviving on a liquid diet. They need your help to receive essential surgeries which will treat this debilitating medical condition, so that they will once again be able to partake in the joy of eating solid foods and have access to additional surgeries which will further improve their quality of life. One of the most common medical conditions amongst young children which is not being treated at present in Lahore is TMJ ankylosis, a condition that is easily treated with surgery in developed countries.
You are invited to start your own individual or team online campaign page part of this fundraiser by clicking on "Set Up Your Fundraiser" under donate that you can share with your friends, family and colleagues by email and on social media.
Here are two testimonials of families waiting for their child to receive surgery at Lahore Children's Hospital (videos to come):
Story: This lady's son can't eat the simplest of foods, a condition he has suffered from since he was a toddler. They have been searching for treatment for many years and hope to get help as soon as possible at Children's Hospital Lahore.
Story: This father expresses his concern for his child who has not been able to open his mouth to chew properly for almost six years now. He has been bringing his only son to Children's Hospital Lahore for almost six months now, in hope that his son will recieve the care he needs.
All donations are tax deductible by law. Please provide at least your name and email address for a donation acknowledgement receipt. All funds raised through this campaign will be used to cover costs for the Karl Storz medical equipment, credit card fees, shipping, and all related maintenance fees. The American Pakistan Foundation will purchase the equipment directly and manage the shipping of equipment to the hospital directly. Any funds raised over the goal will be allocated specifically for maintenance related-costs and replacement parts to help extend the life of the equipment.
Below you can view a complete list of the medical equipment. If you are able to directly donate equipment or link APF with a direct donation of any of the mentioned equipment, please contact email@example.com.
If your student organization or company is interested in holding an event to help the APF team reach our goal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To maximize your donation, checks can be made out to "American Pakistan Foundation" and sent to PO Box 3694, New York, NY 10163 with Medical Equipment in the memo line.
Equipment List [Sold by Karl Storz]
- 8403ZX: 7" FLAT PANEL MONITOR FOR C-MAC VIDEO LARYNGOSCOPES WITH OUTPUT: HDMI
- 8402X: ELECTRONIC IMAGING MODULE F/ C-MAC VIDEO LARYNGOSCOPES WITH 8 PIN CONNECTOR
- 9700VIP: C-MAC VIDEO INTUBATION PLATFORM CART W/2 STORAGE BINS AND FLEXIBLE SCOPE HOLDER
- 8401GXC: C-MAC VIDEOLARYNGOSCOPE MILLER #1,FOR USE WITH:8401X/8402X ELECTRONIC MODULES
- 8401DXC: C-MAC VIDEOLARYNGOSCOPE MILLER #0, FOR USE WITH:8401X/8402X ELECTRONIC MODULES
- 8401KXC: C-MAC VIDEOLARYNGOSCOPE MACINTOSH #2, FOR 8401X/8402X ELECTRONIC MODULES
- 11302BDX: FLEX INTUBATION VIDEO ENDOSCOPE F/CMAC 4.0MMX65CM W/1.5MM CHANNEL W/SUCTION 23F
- 9700TUBE/10: PRO-SHIELD# PROTECTION TUBES FOR FLEX INTUB SCOPES,SGL USE, NON-STERILE,10/PKG
- 11301AA1 1 EA 11,366.00 9,320.12 9,320.12 INTUBATION FIBERSCOPE 2.8X65,INST.CHNL: 1.2MM,DOV 0º,AOV:90º,DEFL:140º/140º
- 11301D4 1 EA 834.00 683.88 683.88 PORTABLE LED BRITE LIGHT SOURCE, NONSTERILIZABLE
- KSZ-39402AS-ZBD 1 EA 1,278.00 1,047.96 1,047.96 UNIVERSAL STERILIZATION CONTAINER FOR FLEXIBLE FIBER ENDOSCOPES The kit part number is composed of the following products: KSZ-39402AS UNIVERSAL STERILIZATION CONTAINER FOR FLEXIBLE FIBER ENDOSCOPES *
- KSZ-39403AS-ZBD 1 EA 1,278.00 1,047.96 1,047.96 UNIVERSAL STERILIZATION CONTAINER FOR CCD VIDEOENDOSCOPES The kit part number is composed of the following products: KSZ-39403AS UNIVERSAL STERILIZATION CONTAINER FOR CCD VIDEOENDOSCOPES *
The American Pakistan Foundation is a 501(c)(3) US based non-profit dedicated to socio-economic and cultural development in Pakistan and building lasting bridges among peoples, leaders, and institutions of Pakistan and the United States.
The Children's Hospital and Institute of Child Health, Lahore is the largest and only full service children’s hospital in Pakistan, which conducts an estimated 20K+ surgeries per year. US trained and board certified pediatric anesthesiologist, Dr. Saeedah Asaf works at the hospital and she would be able to provide necessary care with this medical equipment. With proper maintenance and use, the equipment will help improve the lives of Pakistani children for many years to come.