Appalachian Trail THRU CREW
Organized by: Lisa Coley
- 2,168 miles - the number of miles 1,800 - 2,000 people will attempt to complete on a thru hike of the Appalachian Trail.
- What leads a person to set out on this quest is as varied as the terrain that they will experience along the way. For the brave who attempt it, this journey will take between 5 - 7 months to accomplish.
- Historically, only 20 percent of those who begin will make it to the end.
- We want to change that percentage, and we're starting with supporting two of our friends (Michelle Williams Mayne & her father, Michael Williams) that will begin this adventure April 1, 2016.
- Our goal is to meet Michelle & her dad at key points in the journey to not only resupply and refresh them with items that will keep their spirits in the game, but all those who are journeying on the trail at the same time that they are too.
- Your contribution will provide food & water supplies to thru hikers in drop buckets that will be found at varying intervals along the trail. Rides from trailheads to stores or local hotels. Cookouts at shelters to give them a little home-cooking. A new pair of shoes when a pair gives out. A stay in a hotel when they are wondering if they can go any further.
- It becomes the small things that fuels hope in fulfilling a dream. We want to be there with small things that will keep our two friends and the other thru hikers journeying beside them moving forward to accomplish a goal that we hope will give them a vision for their future.
- As Michelle & her dad hike, we will travel ahead of them to resource them and others. If you would like to go with us to bring hope to these hikers, let us know when you make your donation. We'll keep you abreast of our travel schedule, and volunteer needs along the way.