Happy Mother's Day!
May 08, 2016
Join us for our 6th Annual Critters On The Run 5K Fun Run (or Walk)!
In partnership with Fleet Feet Sports in Gaithersburg, Critters For The Cure (CFTC) is raising funds and awareness for women battling breast and gynecological cancers, right here in our community. Run as an individual, or invite your friends, co-workers and family to join us for this great cause!
On February 10th, I celebrated my 5th anniversary as a breast cancer survivor. I know how lucky I am. Fortunately, I had the following in place:
- a terrific employer - who gave me time off when I needed to recover from treatments;
- great health insurance - that saved me, financially; and
- phenomenal support from friends, family and neighbors - who prepared meals for my family; transported my 15 year old daughters everywhere they needed to be; and walked Bogey (my dog) regularly.
Unfortunately, not all cancer patients are so lucky. CFTC is an extraordinary organization that helps more than 200 local women, annually, who are currently fighting breast and gynecological cancers. 85% of ALL CFTC proceeds pay for rent, utilities, wigs, medical co-payments and transportation to/from treatments, for patients who must stop working (or lose their jobs) due to the physical effects from chemotherapy.
If you enjoy meeting dogs and/or people, please join me on June 18th, in support of women who need some luck (and some financial help) while fighting cancer. It is a most enjoyable morning and will mean so much to so many people who truly need some help.
Everyone who registers will receive:
- a CFTC Dri-Fit Runners Cap (for adults), cool CFTC dog tag (for kids) or a goodie bag, provided by BARK! and CFTC bandana (for critters)
- Plenty of Water
- Post-Event Food, provided by Not Your Average Joe’s
- DJ “A-Squad” to keep everyone dancing
Cost is: $25 per individual, $50 for families (3 or more individuals) and Critters are free!
Please sign-up as April's Angel today. I look forward to seeing you on June 18th!