April's First Missions Trip
Organized by: April Cadiz
EVENT DATE Sep 17, 2014
Greetings friends and family!
I have an awesome opportunity to be a part of a missionary team that will visit and help the people of the Dominican Republic. This event in which Jubilee Christian Center in partnership with Corazon Del Siervo Ministries aims to help the impoverished people of this country. Some of the poorest people in the entire world are in the Dominican Republic. Last year the team was able to lay a foundation and build partnership positioning ourselves to help those who cannot help themselves.
The purpose of this trip will be to help with some of their basic needs. This will include physical, spiritual, and emotional needs. We want them to know the truth that God loves them and cares about them. When living in conditions that they do it is easy to think that no one cares and that they are unimportant. But a true act of love can change outlook someone would have on life. Some of the activities the team was able to accomplish last year included:
- Visiting an orphanage – Provided much needed food and supplies, toys for the kids, activities for kids including Easter egg hunt (they had never had an Easter hunt before)
- Visiting a leper colony - Provided medical supplies, clean bandages, food, and human interaction
- Visiting a home for disabled children – These children were severely disabled and abandoned by their families or their families were not able to care for them, provided food, supplies and spent quality time with the children
- Conducting a Medical clinic - Many have never seen a doctor. Working with local physicians supplied them with general check ups, also providing the much needed prescription medications.
- Visiting Dump Sites - where people go through garbage to survive, provided food and supplies.
- Reaching out to street prostitutes and helping to connect them to local programs that will help keep them off the streets. And helping them to realize their true value as a person.
- Visiting a community of widows – loved on them and brought personal hygiene items
- Visiting a rehab center – provided food, supplies, and personal hygiene items
I am writing this letter to let you know that I will be a part of this awesome team visiting to the Dominican Republic September 17th – September 27th 2014. I would like to extend to you the opportunity to partner with me by financially helping me to defray the costs of this missionary trip. The total cost per person is $1900, which includes the cost of airfare, lodging, food, and local transportation. Donations in excess of my expenses will be used to provide for the needs of the people of the Dominican Republic. All donations are tax deductible. If you would like to help, please complete the page after clicking the "DONATE to this fundraiser" button on the upper right-hand side of the page. Or you can complete the sponsor certificate (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz0omUc5pOuNbkVHWXRZMWVhcTA/edit?usp=sharing) and return it with your donation, which can be given to me directly or mailed to:
Jubilee Christian Center
Attention: Pastor Sam Herrera – Missions
175 Nortech Parkway, San Jose, CA 95134
Please make your check payable to Jubilee Christian Center and write “Dominican Republic” in the memo section of the check. Do NOT write my name anywhere on the check!
Thank you in advance for helping me as we go to share the love of God with the precious people of the Dominican Republic.
2014 Dominican Republic Mission Team Member