BENEFITING: ARKANSAS COALITION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
ORGANIZER: ARKANSAS COALITION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
EVENT: Purple Purse Challenge 2015
ARKANSAS COALITION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE wrote -
The Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence is a nonprofit organization that has served Arkansas since 1981. There are 31 domestic violence shelters across the state of Arkansas. Membership consists of domestic violence service providers and others who support the philosophy, goals, and objectives of our organization. Our mission is to eliminate domestic violence and promote healthy families. The impact of domestic violence in Arkansas is far reaching.
* In the past five years, approximately 22,000 women in Arkansas have received support from a domestic violence program.
* In the past 10 years, Arkansas has ranked an average of 9th nationally for domestic homicides per capita.
* Women who were victims of recent domestic violence had 26% more time lost to on the job tardiness and absenteeism than non-victims.
* Arkansas domestic shelters receive an average of 7,017 hotline calls per year. Approximately 2,515 of these victims will seek shelter.
* Of victims entering a domestic violence program, 72% will file for a protection order.
* Hotline calls answered per day by domestic violence advocates have increases 36% over the past five years (from an average of 8 to an average of 22 per day)
* Arkansas domestic violence programs provide emergency shelter for an average of 7 women and 6 children per day.
* Last year, the state of Arkansas had 18 domestic violence homicides.
No one deserves to be hit, beaten, threatened, humiliated or otherwise subjected to physical or emotional harm.
Thank you for visiting or fundraising page and being a part of ending domestic violence!