At it Again!
December 26, 2017
BENEFITING: Find the Cause Breast Cancer Foundation
EVENT: 2016 Boston Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 18, 2016
I have been given an amazing opportunity to start the 2016 Boston Marathon but to finish I will need your help! I am running for the Art beCAUSE foundation (http://artbecause.org/) and I hope to raise over $2,000 to help fund research to discover the cause of breast cancer The mission of Art beCAUSE Breast Cancer Foundation is to fund scientific research on the environmental causes of breast cancer and to educate the public on how prevention can be achieved.
Why do we have this mission?
- beCAUSE: Over 40,000 American women and men will die this year of breast cancer.
- More women between the ages of 15 and 54 die of breast cancer than of any other cancer.
- 1 in 8 women in America will be diagnosed with breast cancer during a lifetime of 85 or more years.
- Nearly 200,000 Americans will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year.
- AND 90% of Them Have No Family History of the Disease!!
The Art beCAUSE Breast Cancer Foundation believes that since breast cancer is not a predominantly hereditary disease, it must be a disease spawned by destructive agents in our environment. In spite of enormous steps forward in research, the rate of patients diagnosed with breast cancer is growing, not shrinking. Our Mission is clear. If we prevent breast cancer, we do not have to cure it!
I will personally match 100% of the finance charges at the end of the campaign so full value of your donation will go directly to the charity!