Art of Life BJJ Charity Tournament
EVENT DATE: Jul 27, 2013
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Jul 28, 2013
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Jul 15, 2013
EVENT DATE: JUL 27, 2013
DEADLINE TO GIVE: JUL 28, 2013
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: JUL 15, 2013
Location: Gerson Sanginitto BJJ Academy
11024 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232
The Art of Life BJJ Charity Tournament is an opportunity for members of the BJJ community to come together, take on leadership roles, and make significant contributions to local causes all while promoting the benefits of the gentle art of jiu jitsu.
In this tournament, the first of its kind, each Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu adacemy selects a charity that has relevance to a member(s) of the academy, the local community, or to the academy's overall mission and values. Once registered, the academy and its students will promote their charity, fundraise in their community, and take a stand for a greater cause. The fundraising goal for all teams combined is $5,000 and keep in mind that teams may set their own goals as well.
To compete, you must be 16 years of age or older and register by July 15th. The sooner you register, the more time you will have to take action for your charity. Competitors are expected to lead the fundraising push and compete on the day of the tournament in a friendly setting, representing their charity and showing fighting spirit. The competition rules will follow that of the Sport Jiu Jitsu Interantional Federation.
All proceeds from competitor registration will be awarded to the respective charities of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams (according to competition performance). Keep in mind, the more competitors your team has registered, the greater the chances of placing.
How to get started:
1. The tournament registration fee is $30 for each competitor and the deadline to register is July 15th, 2013. In order to raise money, you must compete and set up a fundraising page under your team. Competitors must be 16 years of age or older. To register, click here. To pay by cash, please present payment to your team leader along with your details (name, age, belt level, weight, phone number, email).
2. As a competitor, you are expected to lead the fundraising push. After submitting your registration for the event, go to your team's fundraising page and click the grey "Create Your Fundraiser" button to add yourself to your team's fundraising page. To access your team page, click here.
3. Promote your fundraiser by sharing your link through messaging, email, and social media.
For Team Leaders:
1. Meet with your team and agree on a charity. Obtain the charity's name and tax ID info, you will need this to set up your team page.
2. Create a team page by clicking on the grey Setup Your Fundraiser button. You will be asked to create a fundraiser title, add photos, and a provide a short description of your team's fundraising mission. You may browse and select your charity directly through your Crowdrise team page. Remember, each participating academy is required to register at least 5 competitors by June 1st.
3. Promote your charity and raise funds. Contributions can be made directly on your team's page, example: www.crowdrise.com/YOURTEAM'SNAME
For more information or assistance, please contact the co-organizers of the event:
Jeff Nishii (310) 613-3207
John Perez (310) 237-3460