This fundraiser has ended; thank you for your support!
January 10, 2017
Art education expands kids' minds and changes lives.
ARCK, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, partners with Boston Public Schools and teaching artists to bring an arts integration curriculum to the classroom, reaching more than 1,000 children in the past five years since it began. We work with classroom teachers to plan and implement curricula, leveraging visual art instruction to support literacy and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) learning goals.
Furthermore, ARCK’s art lessons celebrate the diverse cultures and communities of our students. Our three modules -- Leadership, Civic Engagement, and Social Justice -- help students break down barriers, understand and appreciate their own values, and gain global awareness.
ARCK currently runs programs for 200 children in grades K-8 at two public schools: the Blackstone Innovation School in the South End and the Gardner Pilot Academy in Allston. These schools are not able to provide visual arts instruction to all students due to budget cuts. In addition, we piloted a new program this year for students with multiple disabilities at Blackstone. Now more than ever, we are looking for innovative ways to give these students access to engage in learning. Donating to ARCK will allow us to purchase the supplies below to meet the needs of students in all of our programs.
Your donation will go directly toward:
- Art supplies such as: paint brushes, foam brushes, scissors, tape, glue, color pencils, markers, duct tape, pencils, sharpeners, erasers, white paper, drawing pads, watercolor paper, acrylic painting paper, acrylic paints, clay, crayons, canvases, construction paper, stationery
- 3-D printer to print students' projects
- The purchase of one laptop to be used for overhead projection, giving students with multiple learning styles and students with disabilities access to the curriculum through Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Instructor/teaching artist time
- Other staff support, including curriculum development and professional development for teaching artists - including extra support for those working with students with multiple disabilities
Here’s where YOU come in. Your tax-deductible donation through this page helps qualify ARCK to win various "giving challenges" run by CrowdRise and allows us to increase our visibility. Please share widely with your friends and across your networks! You have until January 5th, 2017 to donate to our fundraiser!