Fundraising for Asphalt Green's Community Programs
September 21, 2016
BENEFITING: Asphalt Green, Inc.
ORGANIZER: Asphalt Green, Inc.
EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2016
Asphalt Green, Inc. wrote -
Community service is at the core of our origin and the heart of our mission.
We are dedicated to helping New Yorkers live an active and healthy lifestyle through our high-quality sports, fitness and aquatics programs regardless of age, background, socioeconomic status, or ability.
We deliver free and low-cost community programs to nearly 33,000 children annually in schoolyards, gymnasiums and pools across New York City. In addition, we provide scholarships for our fee-based programs to talented individuals with financial need.
When you support Asphalt Green, you help make health and fitness accessible to all New Yorkers.
With your generosity, Asphalt Green can:
- Bring a safe and active recess to nearly 30,000 children at over 60 elementary schools throughout the city with the Recess Enhancement Program (REP).
- Teach more than 2,500 kids who cannot afford lessons to swim at Asphalt Green and in pools on the West Side, East Harlem, Harlem, and the South Bronx through the Waterproofing program.
- Provide league play and instruction in soccer, flag football and basketball to nearly 800 school kids through Community Sports Leagues (CSL).
- Award scholarships to talented athletes in need, like Asphalt Green’s first Olympian, Lia Neal--who a nine-time scholarship recipient!
- Help children spend their summers having fun, playing outside and making friends at Asphalt Green’s Summer Day Camp through the Summer Day Camp scholarship program.
- Help area seniors improve health, stability, strength and flexibility with our Senior Fitness programs.
- Open Asphalt Green’s campus for free community events like Asphalt Screams, Snowman Showdown, and The Big Swim Big Kick.
Thank you for being a part of Asphalt Green's community and investing in the health of our city. You are helping change New Yorkers’ lives!