We're almost there!
July 17, 2017
- the excitement of children who expected nothing during the holidays when they receive boxes of presents and food (Adopt a Family)
- the happy memories revived when a group of teenagers holds a Senior Prom for patients in an assisted living facility (Senior Prom)
- the gratitude of a serviceman or woman in the Middle East when they open a package filled with treats and hygiene items from home (Operation Shoebox)
- the enjoyment of a home-cooked meal when you have spent hours at your sick child’s bedside (Feasts from the Heart)
- the comfort of a hand-made blanket and a soft plush toy if you are a child in a shelter (Operation Cuddles)
- the relief that no one forgot your birthday when you are a child in a shelter for domestic survivors (Birthday in a Box)
- how happy furry creatures in an animal shelter are when they receive treats and a blanket to curl up on (Adopt a Pet)
Assisteens Auxiliary of Assistance League of Long Beach provides these services to the Long Beach community. The group’s seven philanthropic programs are planned and executed by an enthusiastic group of young women and men who participate in an organization designed to develop a sense of personal and community responsibility, self-reliance, and public speaking and leadership skills.