City Killer Asteroid Defense
Organized by: Lester White
1) PLEASE DO NOT DONATE MORE THAN $10 TOTAL PER PERSON. If you believe more $s are needed, then please help us recruit more donors.
2) FYI - As of 160608 - the original founders of Asteroid Defense Association (ADA) have discontinued their efforts to securing a 501 (c) (3) Certification for ADA from the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Background Information: In 2015, the founders of Asteroid Defense Association (ADA) were working together on a physics technology marketing assignment when they discovered something of concern to them.
As it turns out, in 2003 the original members of the B612 Foundation joined with NASA in a briefing to Congress. The topic of that briefing was their deep concerns regarding the potential risks associated with asteroid impacts on earth. As a result of that briefing and other efforts on the part of the B612 Foundation, Congress funded NASA's asteroid program and directed NASA to fully define and develop a solution for the asteroid problem.
Together with B612, NASA's mission was to locate and develop a defense against all of the “Extinction" (or World Killer) class asteroids in our solar system. For the purpose of that mission, the term "Extinction" class asteroids was defined as all asteroids and comets with diameters larger than 100 meters.
To date, NASA and its supporters around the world have identified 40,000 objects that meet its mission criteria and that same group is also currently working on a deep space orbit diversion solution to deal with such bodies. Asteroids that are smaller than 100 meters in diameter were excluded from NASA's mission for a variety of very valid reasons. However, the ADA team became concerned when they learned that no government agency or private sector organization had plans to step forward and take responsibility for defending earth against these smaller “City Killer Class Asteroids”.
Reason for ADA’s Concern: The reason for ADA’s concern is that these "smaller" asteroids can carry a kinetic energy impact force of up to 100 Hiroshima size atomic bombs. As a result, a direct impact from one such asteroid would destroy any major city and terminate all life within 1000 square miles around their point of impact. The death toll from such a "City Killer" asteroid could easily exceed 20,000,000 people, half of whom would be children. In response to that concern, the founders of Asteroid Defense Association (ADA) formulated a solution plan and established ADA to fill the above defense gap.
Some Additional Facts: Some Additional Facts that can be easily checked on the Internet:
- It is estimated that there are over 1,000,000 City Killer Asteroids in our solar system.
- Earth gets hit on an average of 3 times per year by this class of asteroids - BUT - to date almost all impacts have been either over water or in remote areas of the planet or at a shallow approach angle that causes high atmosphere air bursts without any reported loss of life.
- The next impact by a City Killer Asteroid can happen anywhere and at any time - with little or no warning. Your house or your children's house or your grandchildren's house could be the next ground zero for such an impact.
- Every 66 Million Years our solar system passes through the accretion disk of the Milky Way Galaxy. The shifting of gravitational forces during that crossing dislodges outer rim asteroids and comets from their standard orbits and driving some of them toward the sun. The extinction of the dinosaurs is suspected to have occurred during one of these crossings and earth is positioning to start that crossing again.
- Calculations show that the Tunguska Event of 1908 (The largest Asteroid impact of modern times) resulted from the air-burst of a 33 meter diameter “City Killer” Asteroid about 1.5 miles above the ground in a remote section of Russia. That event leveled old growth trees and terminated all animal life for 820 square miles around ground zero.
- Because of their size, speed, and lack of reflective qualities - most of City Killer asteroids are very difficult to detect prior to impact. This is the reason why there is often very little warning or reaction time when they impact.
ADA’s Offer: Asteroid Defense Association is offering to take full responsibility for developing and deploying a solution to protect earth from this "City Killer" Class of Asteroids. The policies and procedures for carrying out that mission will ultimately be under the direction and subject to the approval of ADA's full membership.
The fundraiser/membership recruiting campaign: The fundraiser / membership recruiting campaign on this site is the FIRST STEP toward carrying out ADA's mission. To be successful, ADA MUST be built upon a broad base of international grass root support - AND - to achieve that first step, ADA must add 25,000 new association members during this initial fund raising campaign. Request to Potential Members:
Please think about your own families’ well-being and do what you can to help. To that end, the most important thing you can do at this time is to use your social media and the tools available through this site to tell others about the risk they are facing and about ADA's plans to organize and implement a defense.
Use of Funds: The primary purpose and use of the funding received from this initial campaign will be to recruit additional members and to start the process of solution development.
Team Building: To help build a unified Team, ADA is requesting that all donors LIMIT their funding support in this phase to $12.00 or LESS per individual donor. The first 25,000 individual supporters will receive life time founder’s membership in ADA with all associated voting rights and privileges.
Please Help: Please help this campaign through your dollar funding support and by helping this presentation go viral on the Internet. Thank you: Thank you for your time and consideration.