BENEFITING: Alliance for the Great Lakes
From pursuing protective policies to taking action on the ground to educating our communities, the Alliance for the Great Lakes works to protect our unique heritage: the Great Lakes. We partner with thousands of residents, organizations and businesses around the region to develop and implement forward-thinking solutions for the lakes. And thanks to the efforts of volunteers, donors, teachers, and Great Lakes lovers like us, they had a successful 2013:
- 60,000 school kids were engaged in Great Lakes learning
- Wisconsin adopted stronger rules against sewage overflows
- Rise in mercury pollution to Lake Michigan was stopped
- Shoreline was restored at Detroit’s Belle Isle, largest U.S. island urban park
- Adopt-a-Beach™ expanded to every Great Lakes state
What if you could help to protect and improve the quality of the very water that you drink?
Well now you can by helping the Aveda John Hancock Center team raise $4,424 to benefit the Alliance for the Great Lakes. Join us in our quest to improve water quality for our city of Chicago.