AWAKENED YOGA GLOBAL HEALING CENTER
Organized by: vanessa klein
JOIN US IN HEALING OUR GLOBAL COMMUNITY! YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL DIRECTLY SUPPORT OUR TRANSITIVE YOGA PROGRAMS, PROVIDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR RENEWAL AND GROWTH...
- SEVERE TRAUMA (PTSD) WORKSHOPS
- HIGH RISK YOUTH PROGRAMS
- SENIOR HEALTH ENHANCING PROGRAMS
- ADDICTION AND RECOVERY
We can imagine no greater privilege than continued service to our North State Community and beyond. We are pleased to announce our expansion and collaboration with the North Valley Community Foundation as we formulate our 501(c)(3) non-profit status. We are now accepting for-profit gifts or non-profit donations to ensure that we continue to bring a wide array of healing modalities, classes, and workshops to our most at risk and deserving population.
- SEVERE TRAUMA WORKSHOPS Several recent studies now verify the benefits Yoga brings by helping a person to relax, manage anxiety and stress, and enhance the mood. Yoga practice can bring an overall sense of well-being by toning down maladaptive nervous system arousal. Researchers are now actively exploring the utilization of Yoga for patients with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Estimates are that some 20% of our nation’s war veterans who served in Afghanistan or Iraq suffer from PTSD. Awakened Yoga is pleased to include workshops for veterans and other community members suffering from the debilitating effects of PTSD. Our intent through Awakened Yoga Global Healing Center (AYGHC) is to expand this healing effort, joining forces with Researchers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., conducting future controlled trials of effectiveness in offering yoga and yogic relaxation in post-deployment PTSD awareness courses.
- HIGH RISK YOUTH PROGRAMS We donate regular yoga and meditation time to our local school district working with the most at risk teens. Our self-regulating techniques teach teens and young adults how to cope with trauma, drug addiction, social anxiety, and numerous other issues. This learning empowers them to manage life-shattering issues while moving forward with their interpersonal and academic goals.
- SENIOR HEALTH ENHANCING CLASSES Yoga practice benefits our senior community much in the same way as our general population. We have a strong senior participation in our classes; however, many are unable to join us at the Awakened Yoga studio due to mobility and health issues. We work with our local senior care communities to bring Yoga where our seniors reside. AYGHC will continue this outreach, giving our seniors opportunity to maintain optimum health, injury prevention, rest, and relaxation.
- ADDICTION AND RECOVERY We assist local pain management clinics with teaching patients how to utilize yoga and meditation as a means to build their body’s core strength after problematic injuries. Patients learn to gradually reduce and sometimes eliminate dependency on opiates for pain management. AYGHC will expand access to S.O.A.R. – Success Over Addiction and Relapse, for all patients and community members regardless of their ability to pay.