BENEFITING: Asian Women's Shelter
ORGANIZER: Asian Women's Shelter
AWS is committed to every person’s right to live in a violence-free home. AWS works with all survivors and has specific expertise to address the cultural and language needs of Asian and other immigrant and refugee survivors, as well as others who face barriers to accessing existing sources of safety and support.
AWS would not be what it is without the committed support of our volunteers, language advocates, community partners and each of our individual donors. Here are just some of the ways your financial contributions can support the work and services provided by AWS:
- $5,000 can give independent transitional or permanent housing to a survivor and their children by providing first and last months’ rent and security deposit.
- $2,500 can give a child 9 weeks of organized, safe, enriching summer camp.
- $1,000 can boost a survivor forward with one year of higher education at City College of San Francisco.
- $500 can deliver 25 hours of life-saving bilingual advocacy and interpretation to a Limited English Proficient (LEP) survivor inside or outside of the shelter.
- $300 can host an AWS cultural gathering to build survivor-centered resilience and community.
- $200 can provide emergency food and supplies for a family that has to flee home empty handed.
- $100 can give an Limited English Speaking (LEP) survivor five hours of supportive peer counseling and advocacy.
Some of Asian Women's Shelter Programming includes:
- Emergency Shelter: Immediate physical and emotional safety to people fleeing domestic violence, sexual violence and human trafficking
- Comprehensive Case Management: Our advocates work closely with shelter residents and outside clients to reach their self identified goals
- Multilingual Access Model (Language Access Support): Over 100 trained bi/multi lingual domestic violence advocates are available on call to support survivors in up to 42 different languages
- Transitional Housing: support provided by full time housing advocate to find safe permanent housing for our clients
- Counseling: peer support, individual sessions, and additional support accessing professional mental health services provided by AWS advocates
- Crisis Line: 24/7 crisis line (415) 751-0880
Additional Specialized Programming:
- QAWTS (Queer Asian Women and Transgender Services)
- Arab & Muslim Women's Services
AWS believes that we must strengthen our community commitment to build mutually happy and fulfilling family relationships. We do our work with a margin to center approach and values rooted in an anti-oppression and practical methodology. We strive to build bridges within and across social justice movements.
Join us in supporting survivors! www.sfaws.org