EVENT DATE: Sep 20, 2014
Fundraiser at Kids That Rip Skateboard School with a raffle, prizes, live music, skate demos, a BBQ and more, with all donations and proceeds going to benefit Skateistan! Stop by KTR on September 20, 2014 from 12pm to 6pm to support a great cause, or donate online.
Kids That Rip Skateboard School, 1927 N. Gilbert Road, Mesa, AZ
Skateistan began as a grassroots 'Sport for Development' project on the streets of Kabul in 2007, and is now an award-winning, international NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) with projects in Afghanistan and Cambodia. Skateistan is the first international development initiative to combine skateboarding with educational outcomes. Skateistan is non-political, independent, and inclusive of all ethnicities, religions and social backgrounds.
Skateistan aims to always be an innovative social project with quality.
- We work with youth ages 5-18
- Over 50% of our students are streetworking children
- 40% of our students are girls
- provides access to education
- focuses especially on girls and working children
- develops leadership opportunities
- builds friendship, trust, and social capital
To help out, come to our fundraiser, donate through Crowdrise, or shop for Skateistan merchandise here: http://skateistan.bigcartel.com/
Read more about Skateistan here: https://www.skateistan.org/