Lewa is proud to be hand raising a beautiful blind baby black rhino. This brave little fellow requires round-the-clock attention, special food and regular veterinary care. The Lewa staff are thrilled to be working overtime to ensure his safety and happiness, but you too could play a role in raising the newest member of Lewa’s flagship species and helping to protect other highly endangered rhinos like him!
Click the DONATE button to help us raise funds that will pay for the care and medical expenses for this special baby rhino.
A Few Things to Know about Nicky:
- He doesn't like the rain.
- His best animal friend is a yellow lab.
- He sleeps every night with a blanket on top of him. If the blanket falls off, he throws a fuss until his minder (who sleeps with him every night) puts it back on.
- His birthday is (approximately) 25th August 2012.
- Lewa suspects that his eye condition is caused by cataracts -- which may be able to be repaired with surgery!
- He likes to sleep through the night (unless he gets cold or hungry, in which case he wakes up his minder by jumping on top of him and squealing) then runs around in the early morning, then sleeps again from 10:30am to 3:30pm, then takes a mud bath.
Thank you all for your support!
Click here to learn more about Lewa and Black Rhino Conservation.
Click here to visit our charity profile on Crowdrise.