BENEFITING: UNICEF USA
EVENT DATE: Nov 21, 2013
Bain Cares LA is hosting a Charity Karaoke Night this Thursday, Nov 21 from 8-11pm! We will provide snacks and drinks, please bring donations!
All proceeds are being donated to Unicef and MAP International (click "see more" to learn more about what these organizations are doing to help). No donation is too small and we sincerely appreciate your support.
Christie, Roya and Rachel
- What they are currently doing: Delivering critical life-saving supplies (water, sanitation and hygiene supplies) for children in Tacloban, Ormoc and Roxas, the areas most affected by the disaster
- What they will do with additional funds: Mobilize education support and supplies, including tents, Early Childhood Development kits, library kits, and student & teachers' school packs
- More information on their efforts in the Philippines here (including video): http://www.unicef.org/philippines/media_21809.html
- What they are currently doing: Delivering medicine and medical supplies to the typhoon-stricken areas to treat 30,000 people for 90 days
- What they will do with additional funds: Prepare additional emergency health kits which are designed to treat 10,000 people for 30 days. Each kit costs $17,000 (including air freight so it arrives quickly)
- MAP International background: 4 star rating as a Charity Navigator organization; 98.9% of budget goes to programs and services
- More information on their efforts in the Philippines here: http://www.map.org/typhoon-haiyan-philippines