BENEFITING: URBAN ASSEMBLY INC
EVENT: Bronx Letters Fun(d) Run 3
EVENT DATE: Oct 24, 2015
Please support the BAL Leadership Team to raise money for special programs for our students. Our team is compised of our Principal, Brandon Cardet-Hernandez and our Assistant Principals Amy Schless, Erin Garry and Raquel Cheney! We are commited to bringing excellence to our students at BAL but we need your support!
Bronx Letters offers more unique programming opportunities than most NYCDOE schools, in part because of some of your generous donations last year. Last year, your donations helped to fund our unique programs -- such as:
- The LightSail Reading Program, which has now expanded to all three middle school grades
- A new school choir
- Writers and Actors in Residence, who work alongside our teachers to expose students to the arts
- College trips for students in 6-12, exposing students to college from the time they enter the building
- Let's Get Ready SAT Preparation, which resulted in huge gains in students' SAT scores
- Bridges of Understanding, which provided students with monthly video conference opportunities with students in the Middle East
- The Youth Impact Program, which gave 6th and 7th grade boys an opportunity to learn alongside the New York Giants and West Point cadets for two weeks in June
This year, we are asking for more help. For the first time, our students now have a 9 period day, which is outside of the standard NYCDOE schedule. That means that our students have two electives each day, two periods of English Language Arts, and more opportunities for Advanced Placement and College Level classes than ever before! Thank you for your support!