BENEFITING: Brooklyn Academy of Music
ORGANIZER: Brooklyn Academy of Music
EVENT: BAM 24-Hour Movie Marathon
EVENT DATE: Sep 05, 2014
Brooklyn Academy of Music wrote -
Pull an all-nighter for kids and arts education!
Push your eyeballs to the limit and expand your cinema acumen at this 24-hour long movie night in support of unconventional, imaginative arts-based education for kids.
Instead of walking or running to support the transformative power of art, go “back to school” with a variety of classic and contemporary films, programmed by school subject (English through Clueless! Biology according to Jurassic Park!). Plus, enjoy free massages, celebrity appearances, and free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
Proceeds from this marathon directly benefit students K—12 through BAM Education’s in- and after-school programs in dance, theater, poetry, film criticism, and more.
Arts education programs have suffered nationally—and are typically the first to go in schools faced with budget cuts. In response, BAM has significantly expanded its education programs to meet an ever-increasing need.
Show your support for creative kids and register today. If you can't attend in person, don’t worry! You can still benefit kids and arts education by donating to a marathon participant.
How the marathon works:
- BAM is Brooklyn’s most established and adventurous cultural center (check out BAM.org for a closer look), situated at the heart of a global creative hotbed.
- More than 30,000 kids, teachers, students, and families every year enjoy BAM Education’s range of adventurous arts-based programs, both in Brooklyn and around the world.
About BAM Education:
- Participants (that means you) are invited to pull an all-nighter by raising money from friends and family. The minimum fundraising goal to participate in the event is $250.
- We’ll reward our all-night participants with prizes based on how much they’ve raised, from movie passes to round-trip airline tickets from Jet Blue
- Like we said, there’s lots of treats in store, from guest celebs to massage tables to three (plus snacks) free meals.