Barrel of Monkeys (BOM) is an ensemble of actor/educators who create an alternative learning environment in which children share their personal voices and celebrate the power of their imaginations. BOM accomplishes this through creative writing workshops and in-school performances of children’s stories. BOM also engages the broader community in support of the visions of children through public performances of their work.
Our objectives are:
- to teach fundamental creative writing skills;
- to provide consistent and nurturing attention to each student over a sustained period of time ;
- to build each student’s confidence in self-expression, self-esteem, and writing skills;
- to perform high quality, professional theater to the students we serve and the broader community; and
- to form lasting partnerships.