meejin richart via Crowdrise
May 04, 2015
BENEFITING: COMMITTEE AGAINST ANTI ASIAN VIOLEN CE
EVENT DATE: May 30, 2015
We are in this to win! Win affordable housing, police accountability, youth and tenant power, and movement vehicle swag for CAAAV, that is!
CAAAV is an organization whose work fills a much-needed vacuum for building the power and amplifying voices of low-income, young, radical Asian and Pacific Islander voices. As a member volunteer, our teammate Meejin makes her political home within CAAAV. Please support our team to ensure CAAAV will exist for many years to come!
CAAAV Dance Battle 2015: Heroes vs. Villains!
SATURDAY, MAY 30, 2015 @ 8pm at The Commons Brooklyn
388 Atlantic Avenue
Suggested Donation: $20
PERKS: $35 and up: Pick up a "COP WATCH" T-shirt at the dance battle.
More perks coming soon. Stay tuned!
Calling on superheroes and villains of all stripes! Arrive in your most creative costumes and get down for justice. Join a team or cheer on your favorites.
CAAAV: Organizing Asian Communities is the only pan-Asian organization in NYC that develops the leadership of low-income Asian immigrants and refugees towards racial, gender, and economic justice through institutional change.
With your support, CAAAV can continue:
- fighting gentrification by organizing Chinatown’s residents against large and ruthless landlords and developers;
- protecting affordable housing by advancing the Fight for Equitable Rezoning Campaign in Chinatown and the Lower East Side;
- supporting public housing residents by releasing a report on language access issues impacting pan-Asian immigrants in public housing and developing the leadership of tenants at Queensbridge Houses;
- organizing against police violence as members of Communities United for Police Reform and Peoples’ Justice for Community Control and Police Accountability coalitions;
- empowering youth leaders to engage their communities for social change.
Thank you so much for supporting our work.
CAAAV: Organizing Asian Communities ❤
P.S. Are you a business or organization? CAAAV is looking for sponsors to support our fundraiser. We will take steps to publicize your work or attract new customers. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.