Bay to Breakers 2012
EVENT DATE: May 20, 2012
Two Events. One Family.
Sign up for the Race. Get Partnered With a Daraja Girl. Find Sponsors. Have a Blast. Feel Good.
Below are some super quick instructions to get your fundraiser page live on the Bay to Breakers 2012 Event Page. Fundraisers with 10 sponsors will officially be part of the team..It's easy! Here's how to start:
- Click on the FUNDRAISE FOR THIS EVENT.
- Select “CREATE A NEW TEAM” and you’ll be prompted to sign in or sign up for a Crowdrise account.
- When you get to the Create a Team page, you can title it like this: “Amy's Team 2012!” After that, your fundraising page will go live on the overall Bay to Breakers 2012 event page.
- You should email a link to your 2012 page to all your team members and sponsors. Simply ask them to hit the DONATE button to give and the JOIN THE TEAM button to help fundraise on your team.
- Crowdrise has amazing customer service so they can certainly guide you through the process. Crowdrise will even create a team page for you if you would like. If you need any help please contact Crowdrise at email@example.com.
Tips on how to make a super cool fundraising page:
- Add photos on your fundraising page- including pictures of yourself! Be sure to tell your story and your partner’s story on this page. Why have you decided to help Daraja? Share real stories and let people know why you are passionate about this cause. Who’s your Daraja partner? This is your chance to share her story.
- Great tip from crowdrise.com: “It’ll be so much easier to get your friends, family, co-workers and people you don’t like that much to donate if you set an example and make the first donation to your project. You should expect everyone to donate the same amount you’re donating so if you want people to donate $50 don’t donate $15 yourself.”
- For more proven fundraising tips, download our FUNdraising Guide. We promise it is easier to get sponsors than you think!
Last year, during the 100th celebration of Bay to Breakers, the Daraja team raised $50,000 and B2B reigning champion won the women's division in honor of Daraja Academy. The success of last year's team has allowed us to officially be 2012 Bay to Breakers partner. Now it's time to Daraja girls once again with the event of the year!
On May 20th, Daraja supporters will be participating in Bay to Breakers while the Daraja Academy students will be partaking in the Daraja version of Bay to Breakers on campus called the "Lap-A-Thon." Bay Area supporters will be partnered with a Daraja student once. You will receive her name, biography and photo. Get to know her, advocate for her. She will learn about you and what you are doing as well.
You and your Daraja student will be running for Daraja Academy on the exact same day...seperated by an ocean, united by a cause. Is that powerful or what? Click "fundraise for this event" and join the family now!