Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy, Inc. via Crowdrise
March 06, 2014
BENEFITING: Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy, Inc.
The Conservancy has been given an incredible opportunity to create an indoor environmental education classroom at Brooklyn Bridge Park!
Our Education program has served over 33,000 NYC students since 2008. An indoor classroom would allow us to do exponentially more.
We're excited to invite you to support the first phase of the classroom: $90,000 will allow us to open the doors to our students in 2015!
The second phase of the classroom project will outfit the space with state-of-the-art interactive displays, aquariums, and touch tanks - all to be used by the public - so don't hesitate to keep on giving!
WHY DO WE NEED A CLASSROOM?
- To provide classes year-round for our students, rain or shine
- To provide a structured and enriched learning environment
- To expand our capacity for educational programming
- To house an aquarium filled with East River creatures, touch tanks, and more
- Students from all over New York City: including every zip code in Brooklyn. In 2013 we served over 8,000 students: 60% Title I (below poverty level), 36% CTT / ITT (special needs) and 51% ESL (English as a second language)
- NYC school teachers: Brooklyn Bridge Park is a living classroom that makes learning about ecology, geology, meteorolgy, and history fun and engaging
- The community: we would have open hours and share the interactive educational displays with park visitors
Click here to learn more about our amazing Education program