BENEFITING: New Jersey Bike & Walk Coalition
The Newark Bike Tour is scheduled for Sunday, October 8 and will take cyclists around Newark with a police escort, to show off the varied neighborhoods of our resurgent city, while promoting biking as a fun and healthy recreational activity. More broadly, the ride raises awareness of cycling in the streets of Newark as a safe, inexpensive, efficient, equitable, and environmentally friendly form of transportation, well suited for a dense and growing city.To make sure the ride is accessible to all, we are making this a FREE event; however, if you are able to financially support us, we ask that you make a donation here on our CrowdRise site. This will us defray the costs of putting on the tour, as well as leave some funds left over for the rest of our annual operations. We estimate a minimum need of $3,500 for the tour, which cover insurance, the police escort and marketing.After you donate, make sure you also register for the ride on our EventBrite page. Come have fun, and show the world that the Brick City is ready to be a great bike city!Please share this event on your own social media and into groups and pages you belong to or manage, and invite your friends!!More About The Event:
- Sunday, October 8, rain date of October 15
- Registration is required. Anyone under 18 must be registered by a parent or guardian.
- Two routes to choose from, 16 miles or a 5-mile Family Route
- On-site registration and rider check-in 10:00 - 10:45 a.m.
- Ride rolls at 11:00 a.m.
- Newark Police Department escorts us through the streets.
- We ride at a moderate pace and take breaks. It's not a race, but it probably shouldn't be the first time you get on a bike this year either!
- Generally we gather and celebrate afterward, somewhere near the finish.