On May 7, 2017, I will be riding 40 miles through New York City in the TD 5 Boro Bike Tour raising funds for brain cancer research as part of the B*CURED team – and I need your help to meet my fundraising goal.
B*CURED is a non-profit organization that funds research grants leading to a cure for brain cancer. In the nine years since it began, the all volunteer organization has awarded 20 research grants and raised over $1.5
This cause is near and dear to me as I am riding the TD 5 Boro Bike Tour in support of my friend David Koch and his family in his battle against brain cancer.
- David is one of the more than 200,000 people in the US that are diagnosed with a primary or metastatic brain tumor each year.
- There are currently no known causes of brain tumors. Brain tumors have no socio-economic boundaries and do not discriminate among gender or ethnicity
- Unfortunately, Brain Tumor research is seriously under-funded. The survival rate for brain tumors is significantly lower than that for many other types of cancer so the need for public awareness and research dollars is real and urgent.
B*CURED’s mission is to end brain cancer. Please help us in this mission.
I truly appreciate any support you can provide.
Thank you sincerely,
Go B*Cured Team and Go Blue!
10 Reasons Why You Should Support B CURED
- B CURED is an all-volunteer organization with limited overhead so over 95% of your donation will go directly to fund critical brain cancer research.
- We have leaders in the field of brain cancer treatment and research from MSKCC,Yale, MIT and Harvard working with us to ensure that our funds go to the most promising research.
- We have personal experience with brain cancer. We know the devastation of the disease to both the patient and their families.
- Brain cancer is the leading cause of childhood cancer deaths and the second leading cause of cancer deaths in young adults.
- The outcome for brain cancer patients has not changed significantly in the last 40 years.
- Brain cancer is considered an “orphan disease”, meaning it has not been “adopted” by the pharmaceutical industry. However, better treatment options are crucial to survival rates and quality of life of victims, both adults and children.
- Brain cancer patients and their families often don’t have the time to be their own advocates. We must be pro-active on their behalf.
- B*CURED funded research may have far-reaching implications for the treatment of other cancers.
- We believe that we can be the engine of change for brain cancer.
- We are innovative, forward-thinking and energetic. Our goal is for brain cancer to be a manageable condition and we will not stop until, ultimately, there is a cure.