Peter Hobley via Crowdrise
March 09, 2015
The Beagle Freedom Project is a mission to rescue beagles used in animal experimentation in research laboratories and give them a chance at life in a loving forever home.
Beagles are the most popular breed for lab use because of their friendly, docile, trusting, forgiving, people-pleasing personalities. The research industry says they adapt well to living in a cage, and are inexpensive to feed. The beagles are usually obtained from commercial breeders who specifically sell to scientific institutions.
Help us Free the Beagles
When they are no longer wanted for research purposes, some labs attempt to find homes for adoptable, healthy beagles. Working directly with these labs, Beagle Freedom Project is able to remove and transport beagles to place them in loving homes. All rescues are done legally with the cooperation of the facility.
A New Life
With time, patience, play, companionship, love – and most of all, freedom – these dogs will learn how to become dogs, and their transformation will be amazing.
Did you Know...?
- The FDA does not require cosmetics to be tested on animals
- Only 1.16% of human diseases are ever seen in animals
- 106,000 people die yearly from drugs tested safe on animals
- Nearly 70,000 dogs were used in labs in 2012
- Product and drug testing account for 68% of tests on beagles