BENEFITING: NATIONAL MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS SOCIETY
EVENT DATE: Mar 16, 2013
As most of you know by now, I have multiple sclerosis. So do more than 400,000 Americans. If you don't know much about this disease here are a few facts:
- MS is a disease that attacks the Central Nervous System.
- It is a progressive disease with no cure.
- Treatment of the disease is costly. Without insurance the average cost is more than $2000 per month.
- Without treatment 33% of patients use a wheelchair after 20 years.
- Research in recent years has dramatically improved the treatment options for people with MS.
On March 16, 2013 I will run 13.1 miles as a part of my fight against M.S. I have been training despite the cold weather and a relapse that tried to stop me. I am now in remission once again and am ready to run for all those with this disease who can't. Will you help me reach my goal?