BURLINGTON EMERGENCY SHELTER wrote -
In today's world, $28 doesn't get you very far. But for a grassroots nonprofit that is making a tangible impact in the community, $28 goes a long way.
$28 is the amount that it costs for a homeless adult to receive life-changing services for one day.
$28 provides each person with
- a warm, clean bed to sleep in
- a healthy meal
- a hot shower
- any needed peronal items and clothing
- the opportunity to attend esteem-building classes and workshops
- needed skills to obtain employment
- a network of community partners to lean on
- vital transitional support services that will enable him or her to successfully move out and into the community, leaving homelessness behind
The Burlington Emergency Shelter serves 20 homeless residents at any given time, and approximately 130 individuals each year. Currently, 60% of our guests are employed, saving 75% of their income and working hard towards next steps.
Every day, we celebrate those who persevere through each job interview, each day at work, and finally to find a safe, independent living situation.
Partner with us to show someone that they're not just another statistic or a hopeless case. Partner with us to tell someone that they matter, and there is hope for a new future.
Join the 28 Project. Help us in stopping the cycle of homelessness one person at a time. Together we can reach our goal of $28,000 in the next 28 days to offer vital services to men and women who are in need. Together we can help individuals from a place of hopelessness to a restored and integrated life in the community. Donate $28 dollars today or join our team by clicking FUNDRAISE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN to the right. Together we can make a difference!