BENEFITING: BETWEEN FRIENDS
Between Friends wrote -
Since our founding in 1986, Between Friends has evolved from a volunteer-driven grassroots fundraising group, to a provider of comprehensive domestic violence services and prevention and education programming. Over the last 30 years, Between Friends has given hope to clients, students, nurses, doctors, police officers, teachers, parents, friends, families, and survivors for a community free of domestic violence.
Between Friends provides a safe, violence-free, supportive, self-help environment for individuals and families in crisis through the following programs and services:
- 24-hour, toll-free crisis line 1-800-603-HELP
- Individual, family and group counseling in English, Spanish, French and Arabic
- Court Advocacy services at the Chicago Domestic Violence Courthouse and Rolling Meadows Courthouse
- Teen dating violence prevention program, Relationship Education: A Choice for Hope (REACH) for middle and high school-aged kids
- Healthcare Education Project
- Community Education.
In FY16, we served 10,562 unduplicated individuals through our Crisis Intervention & Support Services and Prevention & Education Programs. This number is an 8.1% increase over our projected 9,770 indiduals served and includes 2,328 crisis hotline calls, 301 counseling clients, 804 Court Advocacy Clients, 5,274 REACH youth, 658 REACH adults, and over 1,200 community partners and healthcare staff who participated in domestic violence prevention and education trainings.
Thank you for visiting our Purple Purse fundraising page and joining us as we continue to change the lives of individuals and entire communities every day.