BENEFITING: Backcountry Hunters And Anglers
EVENT DATE: Jul 01, 2017
The BHA Hike to Hunt Challenge is dedicated to;
* Motivating people to get outside and get in shape
* Raise awareness of the issues our wild public lands and waters face
* Raise funds for BHA's work for public lands defense
This challenge is simple - GET OUT AND HIKE! Get your friends and family out or join a BHA Hike to Hunt group in your area but above all Inspire others to do the same. Enjoy all that our public lands have to offer and educate others on the trail about the values of our public lands and waters.
Sign up at backcountryhunters.org/hike_to_hunt_challenge - start hiking (see contest prizes and rules below) Use the Map my Hike or Map my Run Under Armor app to track your miles and elevation gains during the challenge to qualify for the most miles and elevation gain portion of the contest (you have to join the Hike to Hunt Challenge).
Everyone who raises $100 or more during the challenge will receive a special addition Hike to Hunt t-shirt only available during this contest.
Join us for an awesome opportunity to motivate and get in shape while helping raise funds for our wild public lands and waters.
~ Top Fundraisers - The top three people who raises the most
1st Place - Kimber Mountain Assent in caliber of choice
2nd Place - Kifaru Sawtooth Shelter
3dr Place - Kifaru Pack
~ Most feet in elevation gain in the month of July
Men’s - Schnee's Beartooth 8" Boots
Women’s - Schnee's Beartooth 8" Boots
~ Most miles hiked in the month of July
Men’s - Vortex Diamondback 20-60x80 Spotting Scope and FL $250 gift card Women’s - Vortex Diamondback 20-60x80 Spotting Scope and FL $250 gift card
~ Raise $100 or more to earn a special addition Hike to Hunt Challenge t-shirt
~ All participants are entered in a random drawing for more great prizes from our great partners at Under Armor, Yeti, Schnee's, First Lite, Vortex, OnX Maps
The rules are simple
1.Hike solo or with a BHA Hike to Hunt group in July and August and keep track of your efforts by joining the BHA Hike to Hunt & Fish Challenge on the Map my Run or Map my Hike app. (Note you must download the app and log workouts to count towards the elevation and distance contest. Hikes can be uploaded from other devices or manually added, be honest. This app will only work while in cell service, you can use a gps or gps watch to track miles and elevation gain to add manually)
2. Donate yourself (be sure and type your name in the box)
3. Get your friends and family to donate in your name. When they go to the donate page, type in your name in the bar ("show this name in the donation scroll") When your name is entered you will automatically get credit for the donation.
4. You can also get credit for signing up new members. To receive credit for new members they must sign up online and put your name in the “where did you hear about BHA?” box when signing up.
5. Hike in a group or hike solo, with or without a pack and weight.
6. Be honest, this is an honor system and your utmost ethics required.
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers is a non-profit 501c3 organization dedicated to the defense of our wild public lands and waters in the US and Canada.