BENEFITING: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area
EVENT DATE: May 22, 2016
My fellow Alumni Board members and I are excited to support Big Brothers Big Sisters Bay Area at the 3rd Annual Coasting for Kids' Sake Walk-a-thon!
We are walking the glorious San Francisco coastline from Lands End to Crissy Field on Sunday, May 22, raising funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area. Event walkers, including current Big Brothers and Big Sisters, will unite with one common passion: serving at-risk Bay Area youth. I ask today for your gift of support, and together we can create and sustain the transformative mentoring relationships between Bigs and their Littles.
The cost of making a match is $2,500 for the first year and then $1,500 per year after that to sustain it. Funds raised enable our professionally-trained staff to screen and put together Big/Little matches and offer training and support, and oversee the matches within their caseload.
Studies show that having a Big Brother or Big Sister is proven to have numerous positive effects on our Littles, including:
- 100% have improved GPAs if they were struggling in school
- 92% have improved self-confidence
- 81% have a better attitude towards school
- 74% have an improved outlook towards their future Quick Facts on the Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area agency:
- Currently serving nearly 1,000 Bay Area kids, with a goal to grow to over 2,000 Little served
- Over 800 Bay Area kids are currently on our waiting list!
Visit us at www.bbbsba.org for more information.
Thanks in advance for your generous support!!!