EVENT DATE: May 27, 2017
DEADLINE TO GIVE: May 30, 2017
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: May 28, 2017
The 1st Annual Lamoille Valley Rail Trail Bike-A-Thon is a fundraiser with the goal of raising $3,000 for three great causes. Participants will ride their bikes on the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail to raise money! It's free to participate and you can register as an individual or as a team. The event will start at the Cambridge Junction in Jeffersonville, Vermont and offer riders 3 course of various length, the longest of which stretches to Lost Nation Brewery in Morrisville, Vermont. Participants will raise money from friends, family, and local businesses who are interested in sponsoring their ride. Bikers can bike for as long or as far as they would like! The course lengths are suggestions! Please join us and register no matter how far you want to ride!
Event Details: Where: Cambridge Junction Trailhead, Jeffersonville, VT
- 8:30-9:30am - Bike Rider Check-In
- 9:30-1:00pm - Ride Your Route!
- 12:30-2:30pm - BBQ food and drinks, live music!
- 2:30pm - Closing Ceremony
Promote your team via email or social media to friends, family or local businesses that may be insterested in sponsoring your ride! There will be prizes for the top individual and team fundraisers!
All profits will be split between these three great local, non-profit organizations:
Friends of Lamoille Valley Rail Trail:
"Our mission is to support the development, maintenance, and promotion of the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail as a public resource offering a tranquil and scenic year-round multi-use recreation and transportation corridor; and especially to represent the interests of non-motorized trail users."
American Legion, Cambridge Post - Mt. Mansfield Post #35:
One third of our donations will go to our local American Legion Post! Most of their fundraising goes to the Veteran's Place in Northfield, VT. Their purpose is to help Vermont's veterans by providing desperately needed resources in an all-in-one locale so these veterans may regain their PRIDE, reach their full potential, and once again become contributing members of society. They house 26 verterans who need assistance getting back on their feet. All money they receive goes directly to food, clothing, drs appts, bedding, and other needed resources.
Cambridge Area Rotary:
Cambridge Area Rotary Club and Foundation's mission is to serve the Cambridge Area community. Members have participated in many events and worked with other area organizations to benefit the community. Ongoing Community Support from Rotary:
- Funding the Winter Wellness Program: A program that allows Cambridge Elementary School students to spend a week at Smugglers' Notch Resort with free lift tickets, lessons, and rentals.
- Participating in Meals on Wheels.
- Reading to classes at the Cambridge Elementary School.
- Providing dictionaries for 3rd graders and thesauruses for 5th graders in area elementary schools.
- Supporting the Cambridge Food Shelf.
- Maintaining an ice skating rink for the community to use that is seasonally located on Cambridge Elementary School property.
- Giving donations to and provide volunteer help for projects of various organizations both locally and world wide.