Bittersweet's Bike to the Barn
EVENT DATE: Oct 14, 2017
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Oct 01, 2017
Bittersweet invites you to participate in its fall fundraiser, Bike to the Barn, on Saturday, October 14. Bike to the Barn will consist of a four mile bike ride from Bittersweet Farms to Oak Openings and back. In addition to the bike ride, children and families are invited to decorate their bikes with supplies provided by Bittersweet Farms. Volunteers will be available to assist children while parents participate in the bike ride. There is no cost to register, ride, or attend, and all types of bikes are welcome.
In exchange for the free admission, Bittersweet is asking each bike rider to raise much-needed funds to support its mission. Non-riding attendees and those unable to attend the event are also welcome to join in the fundraising fun! Fundraising will take place on Crowdrise, an online crowd-funding platform. There are several incentives available: those who raise over $250 will receive a backpack; those who raise over $500 will receive a backpack and a t-shirt; and those who raise over $1,000 will receive a backpack, t-shirt, and be entered into a raffle to win a bike! Please register online by October 1 if you plan to attend or ride, and begin fundraising today: https://www.crowdrise.com/BiketotheBarn.
On the day of the event, check-in will be at the farm (12660 Archbold-Whitehouse Rd, Whitehouse, OH) between 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. The bike ride and bike decorating will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. A bike race for children around Bittersweet’s ¼ mile track will begin at 10:00 a.m. Coffee, water, and snacks will be provided for riders and attendees. This event is rain or shine.
Please contact Shannon Solt (firstname.lastname@example.org; 419 875 6986, ext. 1263) for questions about the event or registration.
Instructions to Join Bittersweet’s Fundraiser.
- Click on the grey button (right hand side) that says “Set up your fundraiser”
- Click on the button that says “Start your own fundraiser”
- Create a fundraiser title. Example: “(Insert your Name) is Biking for Bittersweet!”
- Choose your own fundraising goal. (Keep in mind that riders/teams who raise over $250 receive a backpack. Riders who raise over $500 receive a backpack and a t-shirt [printed locally by Jupmode!]. Riders who raise over $1,000 receive a backpack, t-shirt, and are entered into a raffle to win a bike!)
- Fill in the text box about the fundraiser. Be sure to make this personal! Explain your connection to Bittersweet and/or autism and share why you are joining in the ride (i.e. who or what do you ride for?).
- Select your t-shirt size (we will email you for additional sizes if you are a family riding and fundraising together).
Don’t forget to upload a picture of yourself/fundraising team!