Bino Runs 4 Bernie / Mile in My Shoes Fundraiser
Team Member: Thibault Turcan
EVENT DATE Jul 25, 2016
Michael Gibino wrote -
My name is Michael Gibino, a MN National Delegate for Bernie and I will run 1200 miles in 30 days, starting at 4pm, June 25th, from the Minnesota State Capitol Building to the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.
As an experienced ultrarunner and Bernie campaign "Super-Volunteer", I will run to Ignite the Bern across the country as I travel through 6 states and the major cities of La Crosse, Madison, Chicago, Fort Wayne, Akron, Pittsburgh, and into Philadelphia.
I am also raising awareness of income inequality by raising money for the Twin Cities nonprofit Mile in My Shoes www.mileinmyshoes.mn. I currently volunteer with them as the coach, and directly see the positive impact the program has in empowering homeless members of our community through running and fitness.
My goal is to raise $3750 for the run and at least $3750 for Mile in My Shoes! I will split every contribution in half for the run and Mile in My Shoes. While it will surely cost more, once I have raised $3750 for the run and convention costs, 100% remaining funds raised will go directly to Mile in My Shoes. I will provide accounting documentation after the fundraising is finished to assure each contribution is going directly to the run or Non-profit.
Follow the run:
- Instagram: BinoRuns4Bernie
- Twitter: @BinoRuns4Bernie
Planned $3750 in expenses:
- $500 for the mandatory 5 night stay at the hotel for MN delegates ($350 a night / 4 people in a room to save costs)
- $200 for the flight back
- $1200 to compensate my friend taking time off of work too assist along the way
- $300 in gas for support vehicle
- $500 in running shoes and special equipment/supplies for the trip.
- $500in extra food and specialized nutrition beyond my normal daily expenditure to get enough calories in.
- $250 in places to stay (campgrounds/cheap motel) when can't coordinate support housing or deviation from daily plan.
- $300 Promotional Material (Singlets, business cards, stickers)