YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit wrote -
CREATING A PLACE TO BELONG
The Birmingham Y Special Needs Outreach Initiative is our way of offering a helping hand to kids and adults with disabilities and their parents with the opportunity to participate in various health and recreational activities and forming lasting friendships.
When you give to the Birmingham Y, your gift will help young people achieve their potential and lead healthier lives.
- $75- Provides one day of Inclusion Summer Day Camp.
- $100- Provides opportunity for all ages to learn to swim & valuable water safety in a safe and relaxed environment.
- $175- Provides the 7 week, Fun & Fitness program, which consists of non-competitive physical exercise through the introduction of various sporting activities.
- $290- Provides the 7 week Social Club, which addresses the need for a structured, but fun place for teens and young adults to take the extra time to form friendships. Special emphasis is placed on interpersonal communication and appropriate social skills with peers.
- $375- Provides a week of Inclusion Summer Camp with 1 on 1 supervision.
- $800- Provides a learning experience for one adult to attend our 7 week Prism summer camp.
- $1068- Provides full use of facility and membership for a group home of up to 5 residents for a full year.
Give. And Do So Much More.
100% of contributions will go directly to initiatives at the Birmingham YMCA.