BENEFITING: SOUTHERN NEVADA CHILDREN FIRST
EVENT DATE: Jun 30, 2014
I'm doing a thing. For my birthday (June 15th). Because, thirty. It should count for something, right? Since I couldn't decide between my two favorite charities, I decided to do both, for the entire month of June. So, Part 1 of my Birthday 30 Thing is to raise money for Southern Nevada Children First, a non-profit in Las Vegas (where I just happen to work). Part 2 of my Birthday 30 Thing is to raise money for the awesome Random Acts charity who do some amazing work around the world.
Here's some of the many things SNCF has to offer:
- Intensive Case Management
- Long Term Housing
- Life Skills Training
- Parenting Skills Development
- Employability Development
- Social Skills Development
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Basic Skills Training
SNCF efforts are achieved through the facilitation of three programs, long term housing, education and training and clinical services.
- Housing -Through its long term housing programs youth are taken off the street and given the opportunity to reside in the program for up to two years where their basic needs are met. Youth are provided life and parenting skills development, while receiving intensive case management to help stabilize them while connecting youth to mainstream benefits and reengagement with the education system or the workforce.
- Education and Training - Youth are exposed to education opportunities and offered life skills and parenting classes, work experiences, mentoring, tutoring, and employment training.
- Clinical - clinical services work with the individual and family by providing individual, group, and family counseling, along with in-home service of basic skills training and rehabilitation services if needed.
Your Support Will Make a Difference!