Your donation will go to our Black Women for Wellness' Sisters in Control, which develops programs for Black girls to build self-esteem and raise awareness of the high rates of Sexually Transmitted Infections, Intimate Partner Violence and unintended pregnancies experienced by and impacting Black girls.
Specifically your donation will support:
- providing culturally competent leadership development trainings for girls and young women
- developing in class curriculum for high school girls about reproductive and sexual health
- blending art and justice together to create diverse media representation in print, video, and in performance art
- training young women in advocacy skills to speak with elected officials/as well as transportation to Sacramento and Washington D.C.
- working on policies that deconstruct some of the institutional and social barriers that impact Black girls health, i.e. crisis pregnancy centers, mandated sex education, decriminalization of traffic minors and expanded access to teen healthcare needs
- creating and youth advisory group that informs community organizations and government agencies on the issues and the solutions that impact young people as it come to their reproductive and sexual health