BENEFITING: Blue Ocean Society for Marine Conservation
ORGANIZER: Blue Ocean Society for Marine Conservation
Hello! My name is Allison Langone and I am fundraising in support of Blue Ocean Society for Marine Conservation. I have been involved with Blue Ocean since the summer of 2013, where I interned aboard whale watches collecting data and educating passengers. It was a life changing experience that instilled in me a love of whales, the ocean, and the environment. I loved it so much that the following summer, I went back and volunteered. My experience with Blue Ocean has been incredible and I hope to be involved for years to come. Their mission to protect marine mammals in the Gulf of Maine through research, education, and conservation is one that I feel very passionate about. Any donations for this phenomenal organization that serves to promote and advocate for the health of our oceans would be greatly appreciated. :)
Blue Ocean Society for Marine Conservation wrote -
Since 2001, Blue Ocean Society for Marine Conservation has worked to protect marine life in the Gulf of Maine. Your tax-deductible donation will:
- Help us remove thousands of pounds of marine debris on and off the coast.
- Keep our beaches beautiful and educate the public through over 200 cleanups a year.
- Provide a crucial on-water presence to monitor whale health and collect vital data to protect whales and their habitat
- Use our inflatable whale, Ladder, to offer an inspiring marine conservation message to thousands of students throughout New England.
- Expand our programming at the Blue Ocean Discovery Center in Hampton Beach
We couldn’t do this without you, and we’re counting on you to help us do even more for marine life in 2015! Visit blueoceansociety.org to see our progress in cleaning a virtual beach during this campaign!