Powered By Plants Bike Trek for Gather Baltimore
Organized by: Gather Baltimore
Gather Baltimore via Crowdrise
September 18, 2015
EVENT DATE Sep 15, 2015
WHAT IS THIS?
This is a fundraiser for Gather Baltimore.
WHO IS GATHER BALTIMORE?
Gather Baltimore is an amazing charitable organization in Baltimore City that provides fresh produce to residents around Baltimore City. Our mission is to distribute a surplus of fresh fruits and vegetables in order to eliminate food deserts and eliminate packaging and food waste in Baltimore City.
SO WHO IS DOING THIS BIKE TREK?
That would be me, Steve Thomas. I've been riding my bicycle for a long time, and I've known Arthur Morgan - the executive director of Gather Baltimore - for almost as long. He's a good friend of mine, and Gather Baltimore is an incredible organization. I want to help raise funds for Gather Baltimore with this solo bike trek.
WHERE ARE YOU GOING?
In late September 2015, I will ride my bicycle from Baltimore City - home base of Gather Baltimore - to Ocean City, Maryland. I will do this ride on my own, fueled completely with fresh fruits and vegetables: the same kind of produce that Gather Baltimore supplies to Baltimore residents. What better way to draw attention to an organization that has rescued over half a million pounds of produce per year from the landfill?
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Click on the donation link to offer money to Gather Baltimore. ALL funds collected will go directly towards funding Gather Baltimore's Healthy City Blue Bags program (my bike ride is all paid for already).
WHAT WILL YOU SPEND THE MONEY ON?
Click here to see Gather Baltimore's Wish List, compiled for this campaign.
If you'd like your money to go towards a specific item on the list, just let us know.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
Beyond that warm and fuzzy feeling that overcomes someone giving money to a hardworking, worthwhile cause, I can also provide you with some nifty OC-themed thank-you gifts, and still keep within the Gather Baltimore budget! You could be a proud recipient of one of the following...
- your name chalked on the road shoulder at a specific mile-marker along the way of the bike trek!
- an envelope full of Ocean City beach sand shipped to your door!
- a sandcastle built just for you, your name drawn in the sand, and a photo posted and tagged on the Gather Baltimore Facebook page!
- Steve dressed like a can-can dancer and his photo taken at an Old Time Photo booth on the boardwalk! (yes he's done this before, and while completely sober)
- a gift bag of salt water taffy!
- Steve wears a t-shirt with you or your organization's name on it for a full day of the bike trek!
- ...and MORE!
All donors will receive a thank-you posted on the Gather Baltimore web page!
THANK YOU for your support!